Home

LV Iron Core Motor Starting Reactors


Motor starting reactors are used to reduce voltage during starting of large 3 phase motors while limiting inrush currents.

Large motors generally draw 6-8 times more current than their nominal current from the grid. Normally, they are started with 70% of voltage and the rest of the voltage, that is normally about 30%, is dropped across the motor starting reactor. After 15 - 20 seconds, the reactor is by-passed by contactors in the system.

 

Advantages

 

  • Perfect mechanical strength to withstand high short-circuit forces
  • Limited temperature rise enables longer lifetime
  • Maintenance-free design

 

 

Technical Specification
Voltage Up to 1000 V
Power Up to 1 MVAr* motors
Frequency 50 Hz / 60 Hz
Winding Aluminium or copper winding
Temperature -30°C to 55°C
Insulation class F class or custom
Cooling AN (air-natural) cooling
Standards IEC 60076-6, IEC 61558
Options

- Taps

- Enclosure

- DIN or NEMA terminal configuration

*Consult factory for higher values.

 Home