Since the rise time of IGBTs are in the range of a few tens of nanoseconds (between 50ns-200ns), even short cables between PWM motor drives and motors cause voltage doubling at the motor terminals due to Travelling Wave Phenomenon as in transmission lines. The insulation of motor windings are prone to failure due to high voltage spikes if necessary precautions are not sufficiently taken.
dV/dT Output Filter Modules effectively protect motors against these high voltage spikes due to the use of motor cables between IGBT based motor drives and motors.
- Reduction of dv/dt stresses on the motor windings
- Extension of equipment life
- Complying with the standards of general purpose motors up to 100m cable length
- Economic and compact solution for short cable applications
- Reduction of EMI on surrounding equipments
- Motor Drives with short motor cables
- Motor Drives with existing motors
- Process Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Water and Waste Water