Load banks are devices which contain resistive, inductive and/or capacitive loads. They apply the load to an electrical power source, thereby dissipating the power of the electrical source.
Unlike the on-site loads, which are highly variable in terms of many electrical parameters, load banks provide pre-determined and controllable loads. These in turn serve the power source, using its energy output to test, support or protect.
Portable and stationary load banks incorporate load step increments as low as 1 kVAr for testing small to large generating sets. The fine control resolution ensures accurate load control and power factor targeting adjustments.
Load banks are suitable for both workshop and on-site testing and the units are suitable for trailer mounting.
- Robust design
- Vertical / Horizontal air release
- ISO container or custom-made enclosure design
- Integrated remote control system with data capture, monitoring and load step controlling
- Ease of integrated load testing with other load banks
- Corrosion resistant outdoor paint
- Stainless steel vibration-proof
- High temperature class reactors on demand
- IEC 62116, IEEE Std 929 and UL1741 compatible designs
Load banks feature an optional touch-type LCD display and/or wireless remote load step switching controller and/or load step & time controller PC software. In addition, controller features include fan start/stop, electrical parameter controls, timing, capturing data, test mode and fault detection. PC controllers are connected to load bank through USB port for connection.
In addition, circuit breaker protections are provided in the load bank and easy access to switchgear compartment and reactors is achieved. In terms of safety; fan failure, low air flow, over-voltage, over-heating and phase sequence protections are included in the load bank.
Area of Usage
- Generator testing
- Ship Testing
- Power Plants
- Telecommunication Sites
- Military Establishments
- Data Centers
- Battery Systems
- UPS Systems
- 50 - 60 - 400 Hz
- Inductive ( up to 36 kV )
- Power Analyzer Measurements : V, A, W, VAr, Hz, cosPhi
Required Information for Quotation
- Applied voltage and frequency
- Mobile or stationary
- Load step resolution
- Indoor or outdoor service
- Capacity (kVAr)
- Blower and control voltage
- Internal and/or external control power
- Meters (Voltmeter, Ammeter, kW meter, kVA meter, cosF, frequency meter)
- Optional computer interface RS 232 / RS 485 (wireless computer interface on demand)
- Automatic controller
- Wireless remote control
- Protection degree: IP20/indoor, IP20/outdoor under roof, IP55/outdoor